100,000 Tulips to Blanket San Francisco’s Union Square On Flower Bulb Day in Honor of International Women’s Day
Tulip festival to return to the city on March 5th
Tulip growers in the United States, together with their European flower bulb suppliers, are returning to San Francisco’s Union Square on March 5, 2022 for Flower Bulb Day. To celebrate International Women’s Day, the public is invited to pick a free bouquet created from the donated 100,000 tulips for themselves or to gift to a woman that has inspired them this year.
“We are so excited to be back in San Francisco for our popular Flower Bulb Day,” says Henk Westerhof, of Royal Anthos, representing the tulip growers and their suppliers. “A bouquet of tulips is the perfect way to honor the extraordinary women that inspire us every day. Tulips symbolize unconditional love, new beginnings and, charity.”
World-renowned floral designer Sarah Campbell, founder of Intrigue Designs, and fellow designer Jordan Marx will be live at the event, crafting a blossoming floral gown made entirely of tulips. The dynamic duo appeared on Netflix’s “The Big Flower Fight,” and their installations have been featured on NBC, ABC, in The Knot, and Martha Stewart Living. Sarah and Jordan will also be designing an interactive tulip presentation that will inspire and entertain visitors!
“Science confirms that flowers make us happy, promote compassion and kindness for others. And after the last couple of years, we could all use a little more of that,” exclaims Peggy Anne Montgomery from Garden Media Group. “Tulips are the perfect way to honor women and spread the joy only fresh flowers can bring. We hope it will become a new tradition to share a bouquet of tulips with the special woman in our lives on International Women’s Day.”
- Save the Date: March 5, 2022, 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where: San Francisco’s Union Square (conveniently located near the Powell Street BART station). A large turnout is expected; attendees are encouraged to use public transportation.
- What: Pick and share a bouquet of tulips with women that have inspired you in honor of International Women’s Day. As always, access to the tulip garden in Union Square is free, and so are the flowers.
- Press Preview: Begins at 11:00 a.m. on March 5th. Accredited press may schedule an interview with bulb growers, government officials, and star floral designers. Press wanting to attend, kindly RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press Kit: A press kit containing a wide selection of event images, logos, and videos that can be used as b-roll are available here. All images are provided royalty-free when citing Flowerbulbs.com as the source.
Flower Bulb Day 2022 is presented by Royal Anthos with support from the European Union and help from San Francisco Recreation and Parks and the Union Square Business Improvement District.
Why promote flowers:
- Fresh flowers promote innovation, creativity, and productivity.
- The presence of flowers triggers overall positive emotional health with general life satisfaction, delight, and gratitude.
- Flowers reduce feelings of depression, anxiety, and agitation.
- Flowers provide comfort due to an inherent tendency of humans to be drawn to nature.
- Flowers boost the well-being and general health of senior citizens.
Garden Media Group specializes in the home, garden, horticulture, outdoor-living, lawn and landscape industries. They offer innovative PR campaigns designed to secure top media placements and partnerships with traditional and social media. For gardening tips, new product announcements, and PR and marketing tips, visit www.gardenmediagroup.com.
Disclaimer: The content of this promotion campaign represents the views of the author only and is his/her sole responsibility. The European Commission and the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (CHAFEA) do not accept any responsibility for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
For more information or high res images, please contact: Peggy Anne Montgomery
email@example.com or 610-444-3040