Costa Farms Shares Tips for Instant Container Style
A beautiful container overflowing with colorful plants is perfect decor for porches, patios, and balconies. Coordinating plants for containers has never been easier with instant advice from the experts at Costa Farms.
The new “Grow Gorgeous Container Gardens” ebook from Costa Farms covers all of the basics. It helps gardeners and outdoor decorators learn how to choose, plant and care for potted gardens for every season.
“Our new ebook is filled with rich visuals and expert advice to help gardeners create custom containers that fit their lifestyle and needs,” says Justin Hancock, garden expert at Costa Farms. “Finding the right plants to add instant color and lush foliage is easy with this guide.”
The options for stunning container gardens are endless. Whether grown in sun or shade, the right combination of plants will provide months of blooms and color.
“One of the best things about containers is that you can move them anywhere,” Hancock says. “Their portability makes them perfect for enlivening front yards and for easily transitioning to other outdoor spaces around your house.”
5 Tips From Costa Farms to Make Containers Pop
- Choose plants of similar size. Pairings that stay in scale with one another will look better and won’t become overgrown. Plants that like the same moisture and sun levels will thrive together and can be enjoyed all season.
- Choose a color scheme. Planting complementing colors makes the biggest impact. Choose plants that have interesting or colorful foliage to keep containers looking good if blooms fade.
- Add some character with colorful pots. An interesting planter is an easy way to show off your container garden.
- Create a focal point using a series of accessories. Place three containers of varying heights near an entryway to welcome your guests. Use at least one plant that can be repeated in at least two of the containers to unify the look.
- Create a tropical paradise. Choose bright, bold colors to add energy and excitement to outdoor spaces. Costa Farms’ Tropic Escape hibiscus features over-sized flowers in more than a dozen vibrant colors. The easy-care hibiscus bloom twice as long as old-fashioned hibiscus and can take the heat through the hottest summer months.
For more tips on growing and designing beautiful container gardens, download the new container gardening ebook from Costa Farms.